[Paraview] GLXBadContext error when saving to png file

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Fri Mar 21 10:26:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

Ondrej Certik wrote:
> when I try to save the image from paraview, I always get a
> GLXBadContext X error. This also occurs when saving from Python, so
> here
> is a simple script to reproduce the problem:
>
> $ cat t.py
> from paraview import servermanager as sm
> sm.Connect()
> view = sm.CreateRenderView()
> view.StillRender()
> view.WriteImage("image.png", "vtkPNGWriter", 1)
> $ python2.5 t.py
> X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContext
>   Major opcode of failed request:  159 (GLX)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
>   Serial number of failed request:  24
>

> This happens both with the official binary, and when built from
> source. I use Debian, with Intel 945GM graphic card.

I keep getting the same behaviour - when saving in any format except
pdf, a popup window appears with bunch of:

X Error: GLXBadContext 155
   Extension:    144 (Uknown extension)
   Minor opcode: 5 (Unknown request)
   Resource id:  0x4c01ff3

The file is saved, but is all black.

I use Gentoo, with Intel I810 graphics, paraview 3.2.1 official binary,
xorg-x11-7.2.

Is this only Intel graphics related? Has anyone found a solution?

r.