[Paraview] Bug 6495: XDMF Reader Fails from Python

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Mon Mar 3 14:50:13 EST 2008

ParaView displays example data Test1.xmf file fine but the same steps yield a
blank image in Python. See attached Python script.

I only tried these cases:
  - serial pvpython and MPI pvbatch
  - Test1.xmf and my own XDMF file with structured grids
  - making a cut normal to Z
  - 3.2.1 on CentOS 5

The same Python script works fine if using bluntfin.vts instead of the XDMF reader.

My XDMF file has 1 domain and 2 structured grids. After updating the pipeline
the reader's list of domain and grid names is correct. However the
servermanager's DataInformation class reports no cells, no points and no point
array info. GetCompositeDataInformation reports that the number of groups is 0
while it should be 2.

This is a major problem as I need to look at some very large datasets in batch
for analysis and scaling tests.

All suggestions welcome!

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center