[Paraview] Bug 6495: XDMF Reader Fails from Python

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 3 16:08:40 EST 2008

Hey Kent,

In python can you read the Test1.xmf okay, or is that showing the
wrong info, too?

Running your cut rendering doesn't work for me, either, but I can at
least see the correct info about Test1.xmf in the DataInformation.
(ParaView CVS on OS X 10.5.2 serial).

Running:
=======
from paraview import servermanager

servermanager.Connect()

reader = servermanager.sources.XdmfReader()
reader.FileName = 'Test1.xmf'
reader.UpdatePipeline()

di = reader.GetDataInformation()
print "Number of Cells = %d" % di.DataInformation.GetNumberOfCells()
print "Number of Data Sets = %d" %
di.DataInformation.GetNumberOfDataSets()

pd = di.DataInformation.GetPointDataInformation()
print "Number of Point Data Arrays = %d" % pd.GetNumberOfArrays()

pda1 = pd.GetArrayInformation(0)
print "Number of Tuples in first array = %d" % pda1.GetNumberOfTuples()
======

Gives me this output:
=======
python PVXdmfReaderTest1.py