[Paraview] problems after compilation with gcc

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 18 13:29:30 EDT 2008

I have recently recompiled both the CVS Paraview and my reader plugins
to find the following:

1) one of my (XML, GUI+SM) reader plugins is no longer recognized: no
error, just silent ignorance. It was recognized when everything was
compiled with the Intel compiler.

2) PV segfaults with another plugin on reading a dataset with PV
compiled in RELEASE mode. Compiled with DEBUG mode there is no crash, so
I believe something goes wrong with gcc and the RELEASE optimizations.
The same codes worked fine as well with the Intel compiler in RELEASE mode.

Any hints how to start debugging?

Thanks
Dominik

--