[Paraview] problems after compilation with gcc

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 19 15:22:26 EDT 2008

Update:

> I have recently recompiled both the CVS Paraview and my reader plugins
> to find the following:
>
> 1) one of my (XML, GUI+SM) reader plugins is no longer recognized: no
> error, just silent ignorance. It was recognized when everything was
> compiled with the Intel compiler.

It is not the question of the compiler, it is the CVS checkout date. The
problem is not there for me in the version checked out 05 May, problem
is there with the version from 17 June. Compilers and compilation
options the same.

> 2) PV segfaults with another plugin on reading a dataset with PV
> compiled in RELEASE mode. Compiled with DEBUG mode there is no crash, so
> I believe something goes wrong with gcc and the RELEASE optimizations.
> The same codes worked fine as well with the Intel compiler in RELEASE mode.

Again: when PV is compiled in DEBUG mode nothing crashes. If compiled
with gcc (but not icc) with RELEASE mode then crash. gdb's bet: "cerr <<
"hello world" << endl", the first line of my plugin's RequestData.

-- Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
Biomedical Simulation Group