[Paraview] ParaView and QT

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Wed Jul 16 08:07:16 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com> wrote:
> That's not what I am suggesting, unless you are doing ParaView
> development. If you are doing ParaView development, you probably
> cannot use any of the VTK releases.
>
> * If you are doing VTK development for the purpose of inclusion in
> VTK, use the VTK that comes with VTK (which is what I do)
> * If you are doing VTK development for any other reason, use the
> latest VTK release unless
> * The feature you need is not available in the latest VTK release.
> Then use VTK cvs

Are you using Debian sid? If so, you can use the paraview package in Debian.

We'd appreciate any help with it. I.e. if it's not doing what you
want, please report a bug and then try to fix it.

Our goal is that anyone can just do

apt-get install paraview

and it does the right thing and works. It does for me in Debian sid,
except the help, but that's minor:

Ondrej