[Paraview] problems with running paraview

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Jul 16 11:39:29 EDT 2008

Hmmm ... I don't agree.

First, Mesa is not needed for GLX. Most distributions of OpenGL, from graphics card vendors like Nvidia, include GLX.

Second, the error message doesn't say that GLX is missing. Instead it says that a suitable visual cannot be found. That sounds like the X window system is not configured property. Look at the output from "xdpyinfo". The list of extensions should include one or two with "GLX" in the name. The list of visuals should include at least one with a depth of 24 planes and a class of TrueColor or DirectColor.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center