[Paraview] Server Manager

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Jan 28 14:56:07 EST 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008 12:08:58 pm jonathan grimm wrote:
> This may be me being stubborn, but I'd rather encapsulate the way I handle
> large and/or remote data away from the rest of my application.

Each of the examples codes previously cited do not prevent you from handling
data how you want to.  You can grab the relavent parts of those examples for
setting up a client.

Another example can be found in ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/Testing/Cxx,
or the pvpython client in ParaView3/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/Executable

> Is there a c++ example anywhere that is like this python example:

Not really.

> from paraview import servermanager
> servermanager.Connect("kamino")

> s = servermanager.sources.SphereSource()
> s.UpdatePipeline()
> # Get the whole sphere. DO NOT DO THIS IF THE DATA IS LARGE otherwise
> # the client will run out of memory.
> allsphere = servermanager.Fetch(s)

Fetching data in C++ can be done using
<http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/html/classvtkSMBlockDeliveryRepresentationProxy.html>
or
<http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/html/classvtkSMClientDeliveryRepresentationProxy.html>
and probably some other ways too.

You can see how "Fetch()" is implemented in that python script by looking in
ParaView3/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py

Clint