[Paraview] Server Manager

jonathan grimm flymolo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:08:58 EST 2008

This may be me being stubborn, but I'd rather encapsulate the way I handle
large and/or remote data away from the rest of my application.

Is there a c++ example anywhere that is like this python example:

from paraview import servermanager
servermanager.Connect("kamino")
>>>Connection (kamino:11111)
s = servermanager.sources.SphereSource()
s.UpdatePipeline()
# Get the whole sphere. DO NOT DO THIS IF THE DATA IS LARGE otherwise
# the client will run out of memory.
allsphere = servermanager.Fetch(s)
>>>getting appended
>>>use append poly data filter
allsphere.GetNumberOfPolys()

(page 17 of http://paraview.org/Wiki/images/f/f9/Servermanager2.pdf )
Basically I want to create a pipeline to shrink my data, then either fetch
the whole thing to the client or hook that into my local pipeline's Image
Plane Widget.  At this point I don't want to use Paraview's views.