[Paraview] Higher order elements

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Wed Jan 23 04:27:27 EST 2008

Hi all,

 I'm new to Paraview, so please excuse me if I'm asking questions that can
be answered easily. I tried to search the web and mailing list archives,
but found no answer whatsoever.
 First of all, I would like to know if Paraview is able to render
quadratic triangles. I created a sample vtk file with one quadratic
triangle (type 22), but instead of having an element with curvilinear
edges, I have four triangles (subelements of the higher order element).
Am I doing something wrong ?
 Second, if I understand it correctly, there used to be support for
postscript output in Paraview, but seems to be gone. Is it still possible
to generate eps  images or not ?
 Third, I would like to see the indexes of the nodes and elements of my
mesh. Is there a way to do this ?
 Thanks in advance.

                     Martin