[Paraview] Errors while compiling paraview3 on Windows

Jefferson Thomas foramuyou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 19:37:06 EST 2008

Hi

I have already compiled Paraview 3.2 on Linux without bigger problems. Now I
have to do the same on Windows. Im following the instructions from page
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install
First problem is that they suppose that the person compiling it has Visual
Studio 6 or 7. As far as I could find out Visual Studio is a commercial
software so I have downloaded
the free Visual C++ 2008 Express from page
http://www.microsoft.com/japan/msdn/vstudio/express/
Using it I compiled Qt without problems but while compiling Paraview I get
the following errors:

error C3163: '_vsnprintf : attribute doesnt match the previous declaration
fatal error C1083: include could not open file 'GL/glaux' - no such file or
directory
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: couldnt open file 'vtkParallel.lib'
and many other *.lib files give that error

The configuration Im using is :
- Windows Vista/Windows XP - the same result on both
- Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
- CMake 2.8 - patch 8
- Paraview 3.2.1 source downloaded from
http://www.paraview.org/New/download.html (because I cant use CVS from where