[Paraview] Research areas utilizing paraview

Cally kalpana0611 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:22:08 EST 2008

Hi everyone

Me and my team members are pursuing our postgraduate degree. We will have to
develope a project as part of our dissertation thesis. My team members and I
managed to visualize the data given to us – the first phase using
VTK.Wewould be moving to the second phase in which we need to
parallelize the
visualization process. We will be using paraview and building it on our
cluster. I was just wondering, in which part can we focus on our research,
it has be about parallel processing of visualization and that also using
ParaView. Paraview seems to be able to do a lot of things, but we, as
students need to develop some kind of algorithms or some kinda framework or
some new methodology. Or maybe some kinda parallel plugin, readers .

We are hoping by posting this question in mailing list, we would get some
good response about how we can go about on our parallel processing and which
area we can focus on. We are doing our literature review, but we are still
unsure and we don't have any parallel visualization group in our university,
we are the pioneers. We hope someone can help.