[Paraview] Research areas utilizing paraview

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 22 16:03:12 EST 2008

One area of research that may pique your interest is that of time-based visualization.  A feature that is unique to ParaView/VTK is the support of time requests in the visualization pipeline.  It's a new technology that I am particularly happy with.  We recently published a paper at the IEEE Vis conference that summarizes the implementation.

  http://www.cs.unm.edu/~kmorel/documents/TimeVis-IEEE2007.pdf

There is a fair amount of research on visualizing data that changes over time, and I expect there is lots of interesting research for doing this kind of work within a general-purpose, parallel, pipeline-based visualization tool like ParaView.

-Ken