[Paraview] New user: Please help!

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Feb 13 12:39:12 EST 2008

Unfortunately, the csv reader in ParaView still needs work.  It's not going to be able to do what you want yet.

You might try converting your data into a VTK legacy file.  They support ASCII data, so it's not complicated to convert a csv to one in a text editor.  Details about the file formats can be found in the VTK books or the document at the attached link.

  http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/images/5/51/VTK-File-Formats.pdf

-Ken