[Paraview] Qt 4.2.3 Required for PV 3.1.0 Head

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:49:49 EDT 2007

I just downloaded ParaView from CVS Head ran across the latest
stumbling block. It seems that Qt 4.2.3 is now Required as the ONLY
version of Qt. Before I was using 4.3.0 without any problems because
I was using some of the newer features of Qt 4.3 in some other
projects. Now I have to have BOTH Qt versions built on my computer.
   I can see both sides to this. On the one hand as paraview
developers you only want to _support_ a specific version of Qt so the
number of Bugs is manageable. But could the definition of _support_
be so that I can still compile against Qt 4.3 but if I submit a bug
against Qt 4.3 you can ignore it or place it at low priority? Was
there something added into ParaView 3 that just does not work with Qt
4.3?

Just another thing I had to do before trying to solve another bug..

Cheers

--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com