[Paraview] Structured Grid Blanking and Scalar Ranges

Sean Ziegeler seanzig at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 6 13:29:39 EDT 2007

I had considered that.  The only problem is that it creates incorrect
results in other filters.  One example is histogram (which also ignores
blank values), where if you set the invalid values to something within
the range you wouldn't be able to tell if it were valid or invalid
values showing up.

I was able to add the blank array as an actual data array.  So I could
set the values as you suggest.  And as a kludge, I can threshold the
data set based on the blank array then do things like histogram.  Its a
bit cumbersome going to an unstructured grid like that, but I guess it
will have to do for now.

Thanks,
Sean