[Paraview] bug in reading hdf5 files?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Sep 3 09:12:04 EDT 2007

This is not a bug. The hdf5 image reader can read only a very
specialized subset of hdf5 files. Because of the flexible nature of
hdf5, it is almost impossible to support all formats written using
hdf5. You should probably look at the Xdmf reader. It can read many
hdf5 formats. It requires writing an xml file describing what the hdf5
file contains. Documentation is at xdmf.org.

-berk