[Paraview] bug in reading hdf5 files?

glen stark stark at ife.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Sep 3 08:21:00 EDT 2007

Hello.

I have downloaded the paraview binaries, and am running them on Fedora
7.  While it seems to be working well for the most part, I am unable to
open hdf5 file (written by MEEP).  Attempting to do so yields the
following error messages:

ERROR:
In /home/berk/Work/ReleaseBuilds/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 715

vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x873e698): Input port 0 of algorithm
vtkHDF5RawImageReader(0x873eaa0) has 0 connections but is not optional.

ERROR:
In /home/berk/Work/ReleaseBuilds/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 715

vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x873e698): Input port 0 of algorithm
vtkHDF5RawImageReader(0x873eaa0) has 0 connections but is not optional.

ERROR:
In /home/berk/Work/ReleaseBuilds/ParaView3/VTK/Filtering/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 715

vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x873e698): Input port 0 of algorithm
vtkHDF5RawImageReader(0x873eaa0) has 0 connections but is not optional.

I have been unable to find any mention of this online.  Is this a bug,
or a problem with my system configuration?   If I change the files to
vtk using h5tovtk, I have no problem opening the data.

Thanks for your help.

Glen Stark