[Paraview] detecting a file series of legacy-vtk files with the CVS ParaView

Shigenobu Hirose shirose at jamstec.go.jp
Mon Sep 3 19:59:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

>From the thread "PV3: Animation from legacy VTK timewise files", I
learned that the CVS ParaView can automatically detect a file series
of legacy-vtk files for making animation.

However, PV3 compiled from the CVS source retrieved in the following
way doesn't do such detection.
  % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.paraview.org:/cvsroot/ParaView3 login
  % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.paraview.org:/cvsroot/ParaView3 co ParaView3
My platform is Mac OS X PPC and the compiled PV3 says that its version is 3.1.0.

Does this mean that the CVS source I got is not the latest one? If so,
could you tell me how I can get the latest CVS source?

Thank you.
Shigenobu