[Paraview] FileListDomain causes a stringvector to disappear from the GUI

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Nov 16 07:51:55 EST 2007

Dear list

we are having a problem with a filter definition, using both the PLUGIN
method or the EXTERNAL_MODULE method in the release version of PV3.2.1.
The same code used to work fine under a 3.1 CVS checkout.

The definition (shortened here) includes the following code, and the
problem is that the FileListDomain causes the entire StringVector to
disappear. The filter's GUI shows no vector input  at all. If we comment
out the single line     <FileListDomain name="files"/>, then the
filter's GUI shows an input vector, and our filter executes just fine.

What's the hitch?

<ProxyGroup name="filters">
    <SourceProxy name="name" class="vtkname">
     <InputProperty
        ...stuff deleted
     </InputProperty>
   <StringVectorProperty