[Paraview] Re: Tecplot writer

Raashid Baig raashid.b at rediffmail.com
Tue Nov 13 22:36:34 EST 2007

I am trying to write a Tecplot file converter (in python) which converts a Tecplot ASCII file into a vtk-xml file. It involves significant work and it will take some time before a first version could be made available. Once this converter is robust enough, I will try to write vtkTecplotReader and vtkTecplotWriter classes. For time being you can use Visit which supports Tecplot file formats. Visit is based on VTK, unfortunately they didn't back ported many of Visit's new features to VTK. To find more about Visit go to :

http://www.llnl.gov/visit/home.html