[Paraview] Re: python Cut Filter

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Thu Nov 8 01:53:29 EST 2007

Hi Robert,

somehow, the first try did not arrive...

On Tuesday 06 November 2007 17:59, Robert Maynard wrote:
> Here is the code I used to try and great a cut plane. The problem seems to
> be that everytime I try assign the plane as the cutFunction, paraview
> crashes on me.
>
> view = servermanager.GetRenderView()
> pxm = servermanager.ProxyManager()
>
> sphere = servermanager.sources.SphereSource(registrationGroup='sources',
> registrationName='sphere')
> dataDisplay = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(sphere, view,
> registrationGroup='representations')
>
> plane = servermanager.sources.PlaneSource()
> cut = servermanager.filters.Cut(Input=sphere, registrationGroup='sources',
> registrationName='cut')
> cut.CutFunction = plane #this seems to crash paraview
> dataDisplay2 = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(cut, view,
> registrationGroup='representations')

Thanks for your help; I got the same problem as you. Is there a chance
that your pv-dump could help? I took a look at a cut filter dump, but
it's a bit confusing due to the 'old' style.
As you mentioned earlier,the other approach to batch process data files
would be to load state files using python, but  it seems that I am not
able to just change the data file name in the state file!? In addition
to that I tried to use the 'batch Record Test' option, which should work
with python too, but it seems, that just 'xml' output is working so
far...!? I would say a good python 'dump' tool would be the best
approach :-)

Fabian