[Paraview] seg fault paraview 3.0.2

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 6 14:34:56 EST 2007

Sreejith,

I figured out the problem.  Your data is written inefficiently.  Each
cell points to its own set of points.  Instead, cells should be sharing
points.  Because no cells are sharing points, ParaView thinks that every
face of every cell is an external face.  The first thing that ParaView
does is to extract all the external faces to render them, and this
bloats the memory significantly.  After rendering the memory consumption
is near the 2 GB limit for 32 bit applications, and ParaView is crashing
because it cannot allocate memory.

Change your program to write out data so that cells share points and
everything should work fine.

-Ken

Pulloor