[Paraview] python Cut Filter

Robert Maynard RobertJMaynard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:59:17 EST 2007

Here is the code I used to try and great a cut plane. The problem seems to
be that everytime I try assign the plane as the cutFunction, paraview
crashes on me.

view = servermanager.GetRenderView()
pxm = servermanager.ProxyManager()

sphere = servermanager.sources.SphereSource(registrationGroup='sources',
registrationName='sphere')
dataDisplay = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(sphere, view,
registrationGroup='representations')

plane = servermanager.sources.PlaneSource()
cut = servermanager.filters.Cut(Input=sphere, registrationGroup='sources',
registrationName='cut')
cut.CutFunction = plane #this seems to crash paraview
dataDisplay2 = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(cut, view,