[Paraview] seg fault paraview 3.0.2

kmorel kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 6 15:34:38 EST 2007

The problem is that when you first load in the file and the image is first
displayed, the surface is already extracted to display that.  That extra
large surface will stick around in memory afterwards.

In this case, it would be OK to run clean to grid, write out the result (if
you can get that far), and then load in the resolved grid.  If that is
working for you fine, but anything larger will probably fail.  A better
solution is to write out the data with proper connectivity in the first
place.  If possible, use cell data to model the discontinuous nature rather
than point data.

-Ken