[Paraview] Custom Qt Filter Panel

Robert Maynard RobertJMaynard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:10:24 EST 2007

I am trying to make a custom UI panel based on the current Threshold panel.
So far I created the UI file and copied and modified the pq files for the
UI.

The problem is I get this error when loading the filter:

QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::valueChanged(double) to
SumBillboardPanel::upperChanged(double)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::valueChanged(double) to
SumBillboardPanel::lowerChanged(double)

Which references this section of my file:

pqSumBillboardPanel::pqSumBillboardPanel(pqProxy* pxy, QWidget* p) :
  pqLoadedFormObjectPanel("SumBillboard.ui", pxy, p)
{
  this->Lower = this->findChild<pqDoubleRangeWidget*>("ThresholdBetween_0");
  this->Upper = this->findChild<pqDoubleRangeWidget*>("ThresholdBetween_1");

   QObject::connect(this->Lower, SIGNAL(valueChanged(double)),
                    this, SLOT(lowerChanged(double)));
   QObject::connect(this->Upper, SIGNAL(valueChanged(double)),
                    this, SLOT(upperChanged(double)));

  this->linkServerManagerProperties();
}

Now I think the problem is that the UI file isn't being loaded properly, but
I have no clue why as everything is in the same directory and named
correctly. Does anybody have any tips on getting this to work?