[Paraview] Moving custom Reader from 2.6 to 3.0.1

Bob Anderson banderson at mirarco.org
Thu May 31 15:17:13 EDT 2007

I have a custom reader (GocadReader) that was working fine in PV2.6 and
I'm trying to add it to 3.0.1

My directory structure is:

ParaView3.0.1

    Applications

    CMake

    Common

    CustomReaders

        GocadReader - with my CMakeLists.txt, GocadReader.qrc,
GocadReader.xml, GocadReader.cxx and .h

    etc.

CMakeLists.txt is

FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)

INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(GocadReaderGUIPlugin "1.0"

    GUI_RESOURCES GocadReader.qrc )

GocadReader.qrc is

<RCC>

  <qresource prefix="/ParaViewResources">

    <file>GocadReader.xml</file>

  </qresource>

</RCC>

GocadReader.xml is

<ParaViewReaders>

  <Reader name="GocadReader"

    extensions=".ts .pl .vs"

    file_description="Gocad ASCII Files">

  </Reader>

</ParaViewReaders>

I also have the GocadReaderParaViewImport.cmake from 2.6 - Is it still
needed?

Do I still need to identify this as an EXTERNAL_PLUGIN is CMake?
Otherwise, how do I make ParaView aware of it?

What am I missing?

Bob Anderson

MIRARCO Mining Innovation

Laurentian University