[Paraview] Moving custom Reader from 2.6 to 3.0.1

Bikash Agarwal agarwa4 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:47:17 EDT 2007

Hi Bob,

How did you try compiling this plugin? In ParaView 3 you don't need to add
the "PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULE" option to cmake. Also the
GocadReaderParaViewImport.cmake file is not needed in ParaView 3.

To compile your plug-in, you need to have your plugin files all in one
folder. If say the folder name is "BobsReader". Then you need to do the
following.

1) Go to the BobsReader folder and use "ccmake ./"(Linux) or similar
adaptation in windows.

2) Configure cmake at which point it will ask you for the location of your
build directory(first time only). Point this variable to the location of
your ParaView 3 build folder. (You should have build from source for
ParaView 3 before attempting to add the plugin)

3) Configure again and then generate. Then simply do a "make" in BobsReader
to create the libraries which will be .dll in windows and .so in linux. Then
you can load this in ParaView 3

The following link also points to similar instructions.

http://wiki.mirarco.org/index.php/Paraview_3_-_Adding_Filters

I hope this helps.

-Bikash