[Paraview] Trouble making stream traces

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Tue May 29 22:17:00 EDT 2007

Last year I worked with a dataset that had similar problems but with a
slightly different cause. It turned out that many vertices that should
have been shared between adjacent cells were actually two vertices close
together. As a result the very thin, almost invisible gap between the
cells halted the streamline algorithm (it thought it had reached the end
of the dataset). One of the filters (I think it was clean-to-grid) took
care of most of this but eventually we had to fix the application that
generated the mesh.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center