[Paraview] Static geometry in Ensight Gold files

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri May 18 09:13:27 EDT 2007

Martin Küttler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Paraview to read Ensight Golf files with multiple time steps and a
> static geometry. But I have not yet found a way to tell Paraview that the
> geometry is static, so I am writing the geometry data for every time step.
> Is it possible to write variable data for every time step, but geometry only
> once?

The correct syntax for a single geometry file and multiple transient
solution files would be the following for 10 steps:

# Ensight formatted case file for dataset
FORMAT
type: ensight gold
GEOMETRY
model:                   position000001.geo

VARIABLE
scalar per node:  1  pressure    pressure.******.dat
TIME
time set:              1