[Paraview] Input text

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Thu Mar 22 14:43:37 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 10:31 -0500, Gerald Labedz wrote:
> Kevin
>   I'm all over these books but can't find a reference to .csv files. (I know
> that format exists). My paraview (2.6.0, for darwin, used on X-windows
> running under OS X) does not recognize in its browser the .csv file I
> created. The browser drop down menu has no mention of .csv, and every reader
> I try on it exits ParaView with a string of errors.
>   Is the darwin version somehow different?
>   So I have been trying to use the legacy vtk file format. So far, that is
> not working either, but at least the file is recognized in the browser, and
> there's a legacy reader I can see in the browser. Maybe I have a bad
> character somewhere.
>   Still confused.
> Gerry Labedz

Hmm, all it does for me right now is dump a backtrace. That's not good.
I used to be able to select "all files *.*" from the list of readers,
and select my file. At this point ParaView would tell me that it doesn't
know how to open *.txt files, and present me with a second list of
readers. I'd select the "Coma Separated Values *.csv" reader, and in
would come my file.

Do you have VTK at all? Did you try the VTK program I sent you that does
exactly what you want?