[Paraview] Lam mpi + paraview

Robert Maynard thorin.hax at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:25:59 EDT 2007

I have compiled paraview with mpi support using lam. I changed the standard
c and c++ compilers for paraview too mpicc and mpic++ so that all the
mpi references where aviable. The build was correctly compiled, the problem
comes when trying to launch the standalone version of paraview.

When launching /bin/paraview the error i get is "Floating point exception",
using gdb to trace the error I get
  New process 16350]

 Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
 0x05761ac6 in ?? ()

Now if I try to run /bin/paraview with mpirun -np 1, it tells me that
paraview  did not invoke MPI_INIT before quitting. The problem seems to only

happen with standalone version, as /bin/pvserver runs perfectly fine with
mpirun