[Paraview] It is worth to learn KWWidgets?

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Fri Jun 15 11:30:10 EDT 2007

I'll let someone else answer the question about KWWidgets, but I do want to follow up on one of the 'Check This!' sections in your slides... :)

You wanted a check on the following statement...

"Data does not "flow" along the pipeline. Each fillter has its
own copy of data, created from its input data. CHECK THIS!"

This statement (as you indicated) needs further qualification.

Most filters actually make a 'shallow copy' of the data and only 'deep copy' parts of the dataset that are modified or added. So if I have 3 filters working on a dataset, the data really does 'flow' from one filter to the other without being copied (most of the time).

Hope that's helpful. :)

  Brian Wylie - Org 1424
  Sandia National Laboratories
  MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J