[Paraview] It is worth to learn KWWidgets?

Jordi Campos i Miralles jcampos at maia.ub.es
Fri Jun 15 11:17:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm preparing a presentation for my research group partners about
continuing our research developing on Paraview instead of the current
platform.

I reviewed basic VTK:
http://namaste.maia.ub.es/public/vtk-volume-rendering-tutorial.pdf

And now, I would like to talk about the GUI before going "inside"
Paraview. But I wonder if it is worth to review KWWidgets. It seems
ParaViewIII is not using them, is it?

Are the existing KWWidgets widgets going to be translated into Qt? Is it
possible to combine them, so use them in PVIII?

What is more, is it worth to learn Qt? I see all the examples under
ParaView3/Examples/Plugins depending on interface XML descriptions.

I could only find an old message in the KWWidgets list asking the same,
but with no answer:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/kwwidgets/2006-October/000264.html

Can somebody give me an advice about this topic?

Thanks in advance.

jor;)i

--
Jordi Campos i Miralles
Departament de Matemàtica Aplicada i Anàlisi, MAiA