[Paraview] movie with paraview

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Jun 13 09:06:33 EDT 2007

Hi Milan,

Yes, you have to hit "Apply" before creating the animation.
I've attached a test xml that creates an animation for rotating the
sphere. You can play it by using "Tools| Play Test".

I think the problem is that you are missing changing of the end value
for the "Rotate-0" key frame. Once you've added keyframe using "Add Key
Frame", ParaView will automatically add 2 keyframes, one for start and
one for end. You can add more if you like. In the next release we'll
have a GUI which will make is simpler to edit keyframes. Change  the
"Key Frame Index" to 1 and then change the "Value" to something other
than 0, say 180. Then the animation will change the X-Rotation from 0 to
180.

Utkarsh