[Paraview] Cannot read LS-dyna *.k file

David C Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 11 23:53:44 EDT 2007

> Yes I could open *.k if the folder contains all the output files.
> Actually I try to visualize a hypermesh data. I thought if I could write
> out the 2-D element in *.key format, then I could use Paraview to
> visualize it. However, it seems that I would need LS-dyna output to do
> the visualization.  It is a bad news for me as my model is a STAR-CD
> model. I thought I could combine the mesh element in *.key and Ensight
> (result data write from Star-CD) to get a good visualization of my CFD
> analysis.
I agree, it would be nice if the LS-Dyna reader could parse all of the
information in the input deck, but I didn't have the time to write
something that could parse all those keywords. However, there are
manuals specifying the input deck file format here

http://www.dynamore.de/download/con_download_manuals.php?frame=ok

and specifically

http://www.dynamore.de/download/manual/ls-dyna_970_manual_k.pdf

You might be able to use these manuals to convert the geometry into
another simple text-based format.

	Cheers,
	David