[Paraview] Reading ANALYZE files in paraview

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Fri Jan 19 09:35:26 EST 2007

ParaView has been traditionally more of a scientific visualization /
unstructured data tool - it is only with this latest release that you
can even directly visualize 3D image data with volume rendering, and the
support is still limited. I am sure that as more support for structured
data is incorporated into ParaView, more 3D image file formats will be
supported. However, at this point I am not sure if anyone that is
funding ParaView development is interested in using ParaView for medical
image processing - hence such contributions may need to originate from
the user / developer community.

For now, you can download VolView from the Kitware web site, and use it
to convert your Analyze files into something like vti (the VTK native
format) that ParaView can read.

Lisa