[Paraview] Paraview 3: Custom Filters

Bikash Agarwal agarwa4 at uwindsor.ca
Fri Jan 19 11:23:13 EST 2007

I have been trying to add custom filter to ParaView 3. I followed the method I used in 2.6 but
without any succes.
This is what I have been doing.

1) Created C++ class, pvsm and XML files for filter.
2) Put them in the same folder and pointed PV_INTERFACE_PATH to that folder
3) Run ccmake and use the PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULE feature to compile.

I go through the compilation succesfully but do not see anything on the Filter menu. This works
fine for me in Paraview 2.6.

I also tried adding a line in the ParaView3/Qt/Components/Resources/XML/ParaViewFilters.xml file
and compiled again but still cannot see anything on the filter menu.

I am a newbie with ParaView and any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Bikash