[Paraview] Reading ANALYZE files in paraview

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Jan 17 13:29:01 EST 2007

Those links were helpful. An ANALYZE image is stored in 2 files, one with raw data and one with metadata. ParaView can probably read the raw data but the result might be meaningless. This format can handle 2D and 3D images in a wide variety of formats
and pixel ordering. It looks like the header information is critical to a proper understanding of the raw data.

A quick look at the VTK library (where ParaView's work is done) shows no reader for this format. There is some support for DICOM images, also used in medicine.

Does the Mayo/SPM system provide "output" or "export" options, to another file format?

If all else fails you could write a new reader.That is how the package grows.

Kent