[Paraview] Large TIFF file import in paraview fails

Bikash Agarwal agarwa4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 11:16:05 EST 2007

Can anyone please tell me why the TIFF reader allocates 8 bytes to each
element?? This is resulting in very slow rendering of TIFF files and the
inability to open larger ones.

ErrorMessage
# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file: /root/Project/ParaView-
2.6-Source/VTK/Common/vtkDataArrayTemplate.txx (266)
 vtkIdTypeArray (0xd83f980): Unable to allocate 184320470 elements of size 8
bytes.
ErrorMessage end

-bikash