[Paraview] LSDynaReader interfering with my own reader

Thompson, David C dcthomp at sandia.gov
Wed Feb 7 16:14:44 EST 2007

> basically there is a bug where the LSDyna is outputting
> when it shouldn't.
> Also this kinda sucks because say I am reading lots and lots of
> files, I have to deal with the overhead of failed read attempts by
> the LSDynaReader for every file? That seems like a problem to me.
> Is it possible to add extensions to the LSDyna Files?

No, but as I said in my previous message, I will make sure
that CanReadFile doesn't print any error messages.
The proper way to avoid CanReadFile being called on
a large number of files is to have your reader placed
at the top of the list of all readers, rather than the
bottom. That seems like the proper behavior anyway, allowing
people to override the default set of readers shipped with
ParaView even where filename extensions conflict.

    David