[Paraview] Paraview 2.4.4 Clean Build crashing on Cut Filter

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Fri Feb 2 13:55:33 EST 2007

Environment: XP SP2, CMake 2.4.3, VS 2005 Pro. Paraview Source 2.4.4

I am trying to build Paraview 2.4.4 from source and after everything compiles I am getting multiple errors when I launch paraview.exe.
The first error is:
 File: C:\Applications\VS2005\VC\include\algorithm
 Line: 4093
Expression: sequence not ordered

So I click Ignore a bunch of times...

The GUI eventually shows up. I create a "Sphere Source" and then attempt to apply a "Cut" filter to it and I get the following:

File: C:\Applications\VS2005\VC\include\vector
Line: 756
Expression: vector subscript out of range

Now I guess I could post the stack trace but in instead here is what I have done to attempt to remedy this:
   I installed the service pack 1 for VS 2005
   I moved aside all the MSYS/MinGW other stuff that I had installed thinking maybe the compiler was getting something out of the MinGW include directory instead of the VS/include directory.
   Restarted a half-a-dozen times.
   Cleaned and rebuilt paraview from fresh source a few times. Each time the errors are not going away. I know ParaView is supposed to build clean from source, especially on windows so I figure either something is messed up in my environment or something else.

Could some kind windows guy help me out? Has anyone ever seen this? Do I have to clean my system again and reinstall everything?

Thanks for any help
Mike Jackson
IMTS.

PS.. I might try PV 2.6 if I can free up enough space on my drive.