RES: [Paraview] RE : Filter problem

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Wed Jun 21 18:32:05 EDT 2006

Besides the filters reported here I'd like to report some problems with
Ensight files in PV.

All problems listed here were verified with PV running in parallel,
offscreen rendering mode and with files written in Ensight's
server-of-server format (sos --> *proc.case --> *proc.geo, *proc.scl,
*proc.vec).

- The "clean to grid" filter does not clean the interfaces as it should
(even after applying the D3 filter to produce the ghost information);

- PV (2.2.1 and 2.4.3) have not been able to animate datasets loaded from
Ensight's SOS files. I've got I bit disappointed after tried to save a
volume rendering animation :-(

- Lookmarks only run well with VTK-like formats. With Ensight's case format
PV crashes all the time (even running in serial mode);

by the way, I'll list 2 basic desires to be considered on future releases

- A copy/paste filter (it would be very useful when you have a bunch of
sources to manage)

- Time information on the display area;

Renato.