[Paraview] New ParaView

Arash Jahangir arash at vije.ca
Mon Jun 19 10:58:34 EDT 2006

Thank you Andy and Berk.

It is almost a certainty that I will write an alternative GUI to the new
ParaView.  This is not a poor reflection of the quality of Kitware's
design or robustness of Qt...it is just that I am not keen of Qt
license, especially for publicly funded projects like ParaView.

If the separation between the GUI and engine is clear enough in both the
current and future versions of ParaView, then it should be fairly easy,
if not trivial, to link the new releases with the current GUI.

I'd be willing to buy the documentation on the how to use the engine
with alternate UI...but signing up for a developer course takes too much
of the time I do not have.

regards,
Arash

PS does the new release of ParaView book discuss this topic?
PPS  When does the book discussing new ParaView will be released?