[Paraview] Animation of Dataset attribute: is added functionality available?

shawn mckenzie shawn.mcknezie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 09:53:01 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have been working with the animation function in Paraview for quite some
time. My goal is to display parts of a dataset that are sectioned by ranges
of an attribute value. eg for a point set with a PointMagnitude attribute,
create a frame of data with magnitude 0-1, then a frame of 1-2, etc

I can acheive animating by attribute by first applying the threshold filter
to my dataset. With the source set to Threshold0 and property set to
Threshold0: 0, i am able to view the data but i have a few concerns:

1. Is there a way to specify ranges of the attribute, rather than MaxValue
to x for each frame? I would like to specify an x - y range but i am only
able to range from Max to some value for each frame. (or similarily Min to
y)
2. The time between frames seems to be exponential and set by Paraview. I
would like to linearly incremement the time between frames, but Paraview
wont let me manually change the time value.

I understand timestep files eliminate problem 1 but this requires me to
manually create each file - a very time consuming task for large datasets
and i lose the functionality of interpolating values between frames.

Any help is appreciated. If my request is not available I will add a request
to the bug tracker.
thanks
Shawn