RES: [Paraview] stability of paraview

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 13 08:53:43 EDT 2006

My experience with commercial competitors to PV (and commercials in
general) is rather bad. They crash like everything doing complex things,
but most annoying is very poor techsupport and no possibility to make
fixes myself. Plus I have neverending network license problems when on
the move with my notebook. Plus it may not even install at all and they
wouldnt know why.
With PV you get instant support on the ML and bugs (at least those few I
submitted) were acted upon quickly.
Dominik

Dominik Szczerba, Dr.
ETZ C110 CO-ME/BIWI CH-8092 Zurich