[Paraview] stability of paraview

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 17:36:45 EDT 2006

On Jun 12, 2006, at 4:31 PM, Peter J. Bismuti wrote:

> Hi, here at Boeing we're contemplating using Paraview as one tool for
> visualizing solutions from an in-house CFD code (Navier-Stokes).
> There is
> concern that an open-source produce won't have an acceptable level
> of QA.
> There have been some reports of frequent crashes.  Anybody care to
> share
> their experiences or opinions?
>
> Thanks
> Peter Bismuti
> Boeing

For starters, Paraview will NOT run on an Intel Based Mac. With that
out of the way, Paraview 2.4.4 from Kitware's site tends to crash a
lot on me, like every few minutes or so. I have no idea if it is my
system, my data set, or paraview. I have not tried compiling Paraview
on Windows to take that part out of the equation. Just my experience.

Like every other software package out there, save often.

--------
Mike Jackson
imikejackson <at> gmail <dot> com