RES: [Paraview] Saving IntegrateAttributes data

rnelias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Tue Dec 19 06:02:18 EST 2006

Hi Theophane,

Thanks for your hint. I tried to do what you said but the "integrate
attributes" does not have the XY Plot, at least in ParaView 2.2.1 which is
the version that I'm still using. I'm forced to keep using this version
because, for me, this is the best version for whom works with Ensight files.
BTW, I've just checked the PV 2.4.4 version and the "integrate attributes"
filter in this version actually has the XY-Plot. Unfortunately, I can't use
this version because the "append datasets" and "clean to grid" filters don't
work with my Ensight files (I have to load several pieces of model and
"glue" these parts because my ran was done in parallel).

I know that most of these annoyances are due to the limitations of PV with
Ensight's format but I'd really like to keep using Ensight's format. The VTK
formats are a bit strange to program and use in Fortran (I even can't
understand the VTK format structure). It would be good to have a tool to
translate these datasets between some formats or some import/export
capability in PV. I started to do a VTK/TCL script to translate files
between Ensight and VTK format but I gave up after discovered that VTK
formats do not have an easy way to implement transient data sets as
Ensight's format has.

Anyway, thank's for your help. I'll keep struggling with my Ensight's files
;o)

Renato N. Elias
PhD Student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center