[Paraview] Saving IntegrateAttributes data

Theophane Foggia tfoggia at cscs.ch
Tue Dec 19 05:30:11 EST 2006

Hi Renato,

I have used the Integrate Attributes filter with transient datasets and
I did the following to save the integrated values across timesteps.
- load the transient data
- integrate the value you need for the first time step (I think you need
to enable Show XYPlot in the Integrate Attributes filter)
- click Play animation button (watch the XYplot update!)
- click SaveAsCVS button in the Integrate Attributes filter at the end
of the animation

This should give the list of the integrated values for all the
timesteps. For information, I modified the filter and related classes to
save transient data in .dat format which I found more convenient for my
usage rather than .cvs.

Cheers,
Theophane

rnelias wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to save the transient results of the
> Integrate Attributes data. I'm trying to probe the height of water in a
> finite element volume-of-fluid free surface run. For this purpose a
> intersect two cutting planes which produces a line placed at the point I'm
> measuring the water weight. After that I use the clip filter to clip the
> data between the values greater than 0.5 and less than 1 (who works with
> volume of fluid will know what I'm talking about) and use the Integrate
> Attributes filter to give me the length of this clipped line (the height of
> water). The problem is that I have a bunch of time steps to measure and it's
> too boring and unproductive to pick the values one-by-one. Does anyone have
> any better idea?
>
> I thought about the idea that David DeMarle gave me of using a pvbatch
> script but I don't know how to access the Integrate Attributes data from a
> script.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Renato.
>
> P.s.: Some time ago I posted a message talking about a probe tool able to do
> that. The basic idea is that the probing point should travel anchored in a
> specific value probing the coordinates of the path travelled. I haven't
> found any visualization tool able to do that yet.

Theophane Foggia
CSCS - Swiss National Supercomputing Centre   | Tel: +41 (0)91 610 82 14
via Cantonale, 6928 Manno, Switzerland        | Fax: +41 (0)91 610 82 82