[Paraview] Saving IntegrateAttributes data

rnelias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Mon Dec 18 08:40:13 EST 2006

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if it's possible to save the transient results of the
Integrate Attributes data. I'm trying to probe the height of water in a
finite element volume-of-fluid free surface run. For this purpose a
intersect two cutting planes which produces a line placed at the point I'm
measuring the water weight. After that I use the clip filter to clip the
data between the values greater than 0.5 and less than 1 (who works with
volume of fluid will know what I'm talking about) and use the Integrate
Attributes filter to give me the length of this clipped line (the height of
water). The problem is that I have a bunch of time steps to measure and it's
too boring and unproductive to pick the values one-by-one. Does anyone have
any better idea?

I thought about the idea that David DeMarle gave me of using a pvbatch
script but I don't know how to access the Integrate Attributes data from a
script.

Thanks for any help

Renato.

P.s.: Some time ago I posted a message talking about a probe tool able to do
that. The basic idea is that the probing point should travel anchored in a
specific value probing the coordinates of the path travelled. I haven't
found any visualization tool able to do that yet.